Austrian Art Nouveau Early 20th C Vint Copper Overlay Emerald Grn Glass Jar/lid
RARE AU ST R IA N ART NOUVEAU EARLY 20TH CENTURY VINTAGE COPPER OVERLAY IRIDESCENT EMERALD. GREEN GLASS JAR, W/ ORIGINAL DECORATED LID. NUMBERED'6' ON BASE PLATE. Early 20th century European antique decorative, ornate art glass and metal overlay artesania. 4 ½" Height (with lid on) x 3 ½" Height (without lid on). Offered for your review and consideration is this very well preserved and very handsome, unsigned and most likely early 20th century antique Au st r ia n Secessionist Art Nouveau copper overlay, semi-transparent, iridescent green glass, highly ornate, decorative lidded jar.
It was fashioned at the beginning of the 20th century, most likely in Au st r i a, with classic Art Nouveau conceptual thrust, styling and soft, curvilinear, meandering lines, much as those found in the naturally occurring flora of nature. The jar and its original lid have no hairline cracks, no significant or noticeable flea-bites along its edges or depreciating copper overlay loss anywhere on it.
There's a few very small episodes of material loss on the inside edge of the jar, where the glass lid would have repeatedly come into direct contact with the bottom. These are barely noticeable and are literally'touches. There's a very small incidence or tiny spot of copper overlay loss as well. Great look and great condition, with great Art Nouveau styling. Good to Very Good overall vintage antique condition.
Numbered (6) on the bottom. The item "AUSTRIAN ART NOUVEAU EARLY 20TH C VINT COPPER OVERLAY EMERALD GRN GLASS JAR/LID" is in sale since Thursday, February 20, 2020. This item is in the category "Antiques\Periods & Styles\Art Nouveau".
The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in Milford, New Hampshire. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Diameter: 2 1/2" in Diameter
- Style: Art Nouveau
- Depth: 2 1/2" in Depth
- Sub-Style: German & Austrian
- Maker: Unknown (marked '6' on base plate)
- Material: Copper/Green semi-transparent glass
- Width: 2 1/2" in Width
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Austrian: Antique
- 4 ½" Height (with lid on): x 3 ½" Height (w/o lid on) x 2 ½" Diameter
- Early 20th century: Circa 1900-1915
- 100% overall antique condition: Untouched & undisturbed
- Type: Lidded art glass jar
- Color: Iridescent green, w/copper overlay
- Height: 4 1/2" in Height
- Brand: Unbranded (no maker's mark found)
- Scribed/sgraffito copper surfaces: Highly ornate, decorative